Message from the President
“Summertime is always the best of what might be.”–Charles Bowden
Summer is my favorite time of the year. I hope you are enjoying this great Michigan summer and all that it offers. In June, I had the opportunity to enjoy the Pure Michigan scenery as I drove to Mackinaw Island for the ACHE Breakfast meeting. Our Regent, Derk Pronger gave an overview of the ACHE’s strategic plan. The Great Lake’s Chapter strategic plan was presented by their President, Kira Carter-Robertson and I presented on the strategic plan for MCACHE. Our 2018 strategic objectives: 1) Membership Growth & Retention, 2) Education, Networking, & Volunteer Opportunities, 3) Fellow Advancements, and 4) Diversity & Inclusion.
It was an honor to present the Regent Award along with Derk and Kira at the Michigan Health & Hospital Association opening meeting to the following recipients:
- Bryan Wickersham, Beaumont (Early Career)
- Christine Stesney-Ridenour, Beaumont (Senior Career)
The following recipients will receive their award at the November Annual meeting:
- Early Career
- Jacqlyn Smith – Detroit Medical Center
- Denise Fair – Henry Ford Health System
- Kathy Mielke – Oakland University
Congratulations to all the Recipients!
MCACHE continues to provide great educational and networking events. In July, we co-sponsored a breakfast program with InForum at Beaumont Dearborn. Over 100 people registered for the event. There was a very enlightening panel discussion on Professional Change and How to Get Unstuck. Please check out the upcoming events calendar at http://mcache.ache.org/events.
This issue of the MCACHE Newsletter offers articles on:
- Safety and Security- “Active Shooter Preparedness”
- Opioid Epidemic-The statistics are alarming: Michigan ranks 10th for highest rates of prescription Opioids and 18th for overdose deaths.
I invite you to get the most out of your membership by participating in program activities. Consider joining a committee.
Enjoy the rest of summer!