The Midwest Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (MCACHE) is a professional organization first established in 1984 as the Southeastern Michigan Health Executive Forum (SEMHEF). In January 2002, SEMHEF was revitalized and transformed into Michigan Healthcare Executives Group and Associates (MHEGA), a local Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). In 2008, MHEGA welcomed healthcare executives from ACHE’s northwest Ohio Chapter and changed its name to Midwest Healthcare Executives Group and Associates to reflect the merger. In 2014, MHEGA changed its name to the Midwest Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Today, MCACHE is more than 900 members strong and provides a local forum for the exchange of information and viewpoints to enhance professional development and facilitate networking opportunities. MCACHE is an authorized affiliate of the ACHE.
For more information, please contact MCACHE, 13064 Burningwood Drive, Washington, MI 48094 or reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of MCACHE shall be:
- To provide a local educational forum to support the professional growth and development of its membership.
- To further professional knowledge through programs designed to familiarize members with local, regional and national healthcare activities and trends.
- To stimulate interest in improved methods of healthcare management.
- To provide an opportunity for members to expand their network and range of interpersonal contacts with their colleagues from other institutions and organizations.
- To offer members a forum in which to evaluate critical healthcare issues concerning southeast Michigan and northwest Ohio through group discussions and idea exchange.
- To serve as a role model professional organization for students in healthcare organizations, leadership and management and provide opportunities for early student engagement.